for the last few months, we haven’t talked about much else. so today, just go vote!
- the Daily Mail confused my friend Emily for Zooey Deschanel. and it’s hilarious!
- VIBE magazine listed the sexiest Halloween parties. i only want to go where KimYe will be
- Black Book survived the hurricane much like the rest of us, with tv and cat photos
- a Bond girl wore some nice makeup and Glamour looked at it very closely
- the NY Times’ public editor chastises one of their own. apparently, betting on the election when you write for the Times is a no no
- these poor horses were part of a drug cartel trade, Seattle Times
- why results make us feel psychic, NYTimes
- all those pictures we saw pre-hurricane? most of them weren’t real
- unfortunately, all the post-hurricane ones were real, BuzzFeed
- let’s learn about the portrait of madame x, one of my favorite paintings (and that time Nicole Kidman did it too)
- the first few days post Sandy was surprisingly newspaperless, Huffington Post
- Bullett on NOT VOGUE, the anonymous fashion critic. know anything about it?
- let’s all hate that comfortably smug bastard for lying to us in 140 characters, Buzzfeed
- “hey dumbass, Al Gore was right all along!” or something like that, BusinessWeek
- in the last roundup, i talked about my sadness about the war on women. here’s Tina Fey talking about the rape saga of the GOP at a fundraiser for the Center for Reproductive Rights, Business Insider
- if you still can’t get behind the election (time’s up), the Economist sums up the whole mess in 90 seconds. impressive
TO BUY ME:
- every time i want to buy a spa deal on some daily website, the reviews are abismal. this one at Serenity Spa ain’t so bad, Gilt City
- everyone looked amazing at the LACMA red carpet so i’ll take all of their dresses in my size please, Refinery 29
- last weekend, i realized my curling iron is 14 years old. Bella Sugar’s tips reminded me it’s time for a new one
- old navy’s rock star jeans really are super comfy. i’ve even flown in them. turns out, Blake Lively and Katie Holmes like them too, People Style Watch
- what i really want are the printed dot jeans from Old Navy
- Wyatt Cenac is performing at Littlefield on monday. if the subways can take us there, i say let’s go!
- photography wundercouple the Bergs stayed in this parisian flat. and who among us wouldn’t like a french getaway right now?
- really want to read Jami Attenberg’s new book (even though the launch party was pushed aside by one hurricane sandy)
- i have theater tickets, but perhaps you can go to the a reading of last year’s best short stories for me