i have abandoned you for so very long that it’s very definitely time to bring this little ditty back. here are some articles to read over the weekend while you remember that i still love you.
know who doesn’t love you? summer. because it’s determined to turn our sunny months into a poor remake of waterworld (as if that were even possible omg that movie was so bad).
but yeah, since the sun won’t come out and there’s nothing to enjoy outside, have a sit, grab some cookies and get to reading. enjoy!
- the way of the tv viewer is definitely through Twitter, The Verge
- John McCain knows it too (and everyone else should be ashamed of themselves because he is OLD), LATimes
- the history of the Fuck Yeah tumblrs as explained on not Tumblr, Medium
- following last week’s home invasion and that poor girl’s death, Hofstra students have some ideas. unfortunately, they’re a bit misguided, WSJ
- give yourself a break this weekend and read all about Robert Redford. then take a nap and dream all about Robert Redford, The Hairpin
- Mike Birbiglia was profiled in BuzzFeed and i only know about beacuse of his very adorable tweet
- also in BuzzFeed, a profile on the new face of the human rights movement around the globe. nice job, Rosie Gray!
- GQ wins my heart forever because they got Maya Rudolph to recreate awkward family photos. Danny McBride was there too if you’re into that sort of thing
- Park Slope Family Circus is the latest gift from the internet to make us chuckle. i’m betting if it had been on Tumblr, it would have a book deal by now
- hey remember the OC?
- neighborhood stape 5 Pointz is safe. for now? DailyNews
- Andrew Sullivan isn’t sure he knows what he wants. i think he wants a cronut, The Dish
- what’s everyone being paid in NYC? Daily Intel takes a lesson out of BuzzFeed and culls Reddit for the answer
- for when everything seems terrible, there’s Screenshots of Despair to make it worse
- yes, this week Facebook joined the ranks of Twitter in annoyance by allowing hashtags. #ugh, AdAge
- the interns who sued the big bad movie studios just won their lawsuit and holy moses does this mean that internships will start paying more than $0 now? THR
- in other Tumblr news, let Beyonce teach you art history
- some lessons (3) on using Twitter successfully, as a brand, Forbes
- speaking of, here are the 25 most engaged brands on Twitter. shoutout Disney and ESPN, Mashable
- this essay about eating very very specific feelings struck a very very particular chord with me. so read it cause it’s pretty awesome, Hairpin
- someone must have caught on to my #SATClastlines idea because they’re watching the series over again too. that someone is writing about it for Bullett
- we can all hope and pray for student loan reform but it’s more than likely never going to happen, Roll Call
- if you plan to date someone who plans to be famous, you’d better get your social media presence in order. yes, you, Jezebel
- over at Vulture, Seitz thinks Selina aka Veep is the best comedic performance on TV right now. know what? i super totally agree. go watch Veep!
- i’m way behind on Mad Men this season, but Sloane Croasley and her friend are writing knee-jerk reviews for the NYTimes which are pretty great
- Neko Case has a new single and it’s called “Man” and listen to it now! Paste
- the darlings at AllSongs have chosen their favorite albums at the half year mark, NPR
- NOT any Taylor Swift songs. but you SHOULD read this rewrite of “22” on McSweeney’s
- definitely watch “The Imperialists Are Still Alive” on Netflix this weekend cause it’s one of my favorite discoveries. and here’s the AVClub review. (p.s. this is what writer/director Zeina Durra looks like. hello hot stuff!)
- Brad Pitt ate Vegemite for the first time (in Australia, natch) and dug into it like me with a jar of Nutella on a Friday night, GrubStreet
TO BUY ME:
- BuzzFeed has a list of 65 books to read in your 20s and i’m not opposed to sitting down and discussing which books we want to borrow from each other
- a damn cronut already!
- since that likely won’t happen for another few months, let’s make this apricot almond tart together
- this apartment is pretty great and i wouldn’t mind if someone could help me figure out how to redecorate mine, BKMag